Responsible for general accounting functions and supporting objectives to enable the organization to confidently predict future performance through delivery of financial information, identification of business drivers, and detailed information analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs general cost accounting and other related duties in the accounting department.
- Complete Certified Payroll Reports Weekly
- Reviews invoices and prepares monthly billings.
- Performs various accounting/analytical projects assigned by CFO/Controller or CEO.
- Assist accounts payable for vendor invoices and ensure accounts are up to date for assigned projects.
- PO review to verify coding / job cost.
- Prepare and file all state sales and use tax returns accurately and timely to avoid penalties.
- Manages property taxes and asset locations
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of financial budgets and forecasts.
- Assist with completing the monthly close process.
- Contribute to development of annual revenue and overhead budgets.
- Assist in Developing and Maintaining KPI reporting.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
- Learn and Maintain the Work Order System
- Serve as Backup for Payroll Processing
- Performs other related duties as assigned by CFO/Controller.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited and credentialed degree program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- 1+ years’ experience in accounting, including cost accounting and general knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Must be accountable to research problems and resolve to completion, escalate issues promptly, learn and apply knowledge quickly, and meet deadlines
- Efficient organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to demonstrate and follow through on deliverables.
- Able to work independently, with some oversight, and in team environment
- Must have good work ethic and integrity, dependable, adaptable, cooperative, and motivated to take on new responsibilities
- Professional written and verbal communication abilities and general office skills
- Data entry skills and proficiency with databases, ERP systems and computer applications, including MS Office
- Must handle highly confidential material appropriately
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively via written or oral communication channels to all levels of management.
“We will definitely hire them back to complete the wiring on our house” - Kirsten V.
Make Comalli Your First Choice What Sets Us Apart?
We understand that active listening is a sign of respect. We seek to understand other viewpoints before presenting our own. In the Comalli community, there is no place for yelling, insults, threats, bullying, or harassment of any kind. Period. Caring, compassion, and kindness distinguish the Comalli team.
Each of us comes to work every day looking for creative ways to improve our work, company processes and interaction with others. We are passionate about improving ourselves and those with whom we work through feedback, teaching and coaching.
The Comalli community is special. Our people make us excel. We recruit great people, work hard to bring people into the community and respect and support each other. We help each other grow through feedback, coaching and mentoring.
We are proud of the work we do for our customers and constantly look for ways to impress them with our quality, reliability, safety, responsiveness and positive attitude. We strive to build long-term relationships with our customers and constantly seek ways to serve them better.